MessageBird is a young, fast-growing company that’s redefining the telecom space. We’re already a global player in a space where data-protection is still in its infancy, and protecting the data of our customers, end-users, employees and others is our main priority. To help us stay ahead of upcoming national and international rules and regulations, we’re looking for a Data Protection Officer to join our legal team!
As Data Protection Officer you need to keep pace with a fast-moving company, while keeping your cool. It’s your responsibility to make sure all our services and products remain compliant with the applicable laws and regulations. You’re an integral part of keeping MessageBird flying high and the go-to person who handles data protection for MessageBird worldwide.
Since our headquarters are based in Amsterdam, we’re looking for a legal professional with perfect working knowledge of Dutch and English. So are you a cool-headed and detail-oriented Data Protection Officer, and are adapting to GDPR, ensuring Security and protecting Data and Privacy things that makes you tick? Then we have the perfect job for you.
- Ensure data protection and privacy rights of our customers, end-users, employees and others under European laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the ePrivacy Directive;
- Report regularly regarding status of GDPR Compliance;
- Provide legal advice for all global data protection and privacy related matters;
- Keep up with new developments in data protection and privacy laws worldwide;
- Draft and review DPA’s, and provide our customers with answers to their questions regarding data protection;
- Create awareness and advise MessageBird internally, including the security, engineering, HR, Sales and any other teams.
- Make sure a solid data protection framework is safeguarded within the whole company;
- Be the legal representation of MessageBird towards several external parties;
- Attend (international) calls, meetings and events;
- 2-4 years of relevant working experience in privacy and data protection, at either a law firm or an in-house legal department of an international company;
- Legal degree and other relevant privacy certifications;
- Great understanding of IT processes, the technology industry and trends related to data protection and privacy;
- Well organised, stress-resistant and autonomous – able to work both independently as well as in multidisciplinary teams;
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills in Dutch, English and preferably other languages;
- Able to follow procedures while also able to think outside-the-box;
- Eager to find pragmatic innovative solutions, while protecting the privacy of our customers, end-users and others;
- Responsible, representative and flexible;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities under tight deadlines;
- Experience in Telecom will be considered an advantage.