MessageBird is a communications platform that is simplifying and improving the communication between business and customers with a world-class set of enterprise grade communication APIs. We work hard to expand our website, feature sets and product offerings every day and we’re growing fast. That’s why we’re looking for a driven and experienced Head of Design to head our Dashboard, Web and Design teams, own our look and feel, and push it forward.
Design plays a crucial role in creating and packaging our communication tools at MessageBird. In order to separate ourselves from competitors and give our customers an experience they can’t get enough of, we depend on our Designers to innovate and optimize every element of our brand. Whether it’s product design or creating our amazing company gear, our Design team makes it look amazing and usable.
You’ll work closely with our Head of Product, Front-end Leads and Product Owners to define how we’re going to keep creating exceptional products and experiences, consistently push our design forward, and really make design a leading part of our product development cycle.
- Analyse and understand our users, their goals and their preferences
- Define a strong and opinionated visual design style for all aspects of the company
- Assess the velocity and quality of our Design teams and make sure we have the inhouse disciplines to handle a wide variety of projects
Expand our design strategy and principles in relation to our products
- Inspire and motivate the Design team to push their best work possible and act as an ambassador of design within the company
- Work closely with Product, Marketing and Engineering to bring our products to the next level
- Gladly experiment with new ideas to ensure the company’s aesthetic evolves over time
- Guard our internal style guide and develop style guides for new products or sub-brands
- Make sure design elements are used consistently and in the appropriate manner
You’ve worked in a software company that rocks product, design, and engineering– you know how to work with these teams cross-functionally
You have done excellent work in product design and branding for more than 5 years
You have managed a team of more than 5 Designers for at least 3 years and have developed excellent management skills
You have honed your public speaking skills and have partnered with other executives before and worked closely with upper management
- You can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use - especially in terms of UX
- You are comfortable and experienced using vector based applications such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Sketch
- You know how to problem solve things across an organization self-sufficiently
- You are independent self-starter
You are extremely attentive to detail
You have an awesome portfolio that can either be emailed or viewed online