MessageBird is disrupting the trillion dollar telecom industry, and we’re growing fast. Our customers are based in 100+ countries and send billions of messages through our gateway. After an amazing year that included a substantial Series A investment, we’re not only growing our market share, but also our company. Working as a part of a growing Finance team, you will lead and lead key finance and strategic initiatives as the business continues to grow at a substantial rate. Responsibilities will include setting scope and project goals, handling timelines and resource allocation, and ultimately delivering against key objectives.
You will be a self-starter, able to drive projects through from initial planning phases to delivery, all the time working alongside numerous divisions within the company and building consensus throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provide leadership to the Board's Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Take overall control of the company’s accounting function.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Lead and develop finance teams.
- Form a close working relationship with the CEO, COO and other executives.
- Work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
- Present annual accounts to investors.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
- Have experience leading multiple complex projects, and coordinating resources to ensure timely delivery.
- Provide a central point of coordination to reduce meeting overheads and be the go-to person for leading cross-team initiatives.
- Improve our internal financial instrumentation & analyse metrics to understand and help to mitigate risk within the company.
- You are highly analytical and well-organised.
- A logical thinker with experience leading numerous cross-functional projects. Understand finance and financial modeling.
- You have a high level of emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills.
- You are able to work collaboratively with a team to deliver complex projects, identify potential risks and bottlenecks and communicate this effectively to the business.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.