Who we are
MessageBird is on a mission to modernize and simplify the overcomplicated space of customer communication. As the only leading cloud communications platform with its own telecommunications carrier infrastructure, MessageBird connects 15,000 global enterprises to their customers via the fastest and most reliable SMS, Voice and Chat APIs in the world.
What we’re looking for
We are seeking an accomplished Head of Product Marketing who is passionate about building great B2B products. This is a strategic role that will partner with our Product, Growth, Engineering, and Sales leaders to develop and execute a strategy to clearly articulate MessageBird’s value proposition and successfully take our products to market.
You will build a team of world class product marketers responsible for defining our product’s position in the market, crafting compelling product narratives for use by sales, marketing, and support teams.
This is a unique opportunity to define Product Marketing within a rapidly growing and well funded company that truly values individuals who can Get Shit Done. We’re looking for someone with a track record of success in:
- Product Positioning/Messaging: Develop and manage product and competitive positioning, buyer persona development, market research and segmentation, messaging and value propositions that differentiate MessageBird’s products in the marketplace.
- Content creation: Create marketing content aligned to buyer personas (which you’ll develop), including white papers, e-books, ROI tools, collateral, website content, videos, webinar content and blogs, to facilitate lead generation efforts.
- Competitive positioning: Understand MessageBird's buyers and competitors, and partner cross-functionally with product management and sales teams to align focus, content, strategy, vision, and direction.
- Customer stories: Work with our customers to develop compelling testimonials and case studies.
- Analyst Relations: Build and maintain strong relationships with key industry analysts, aligning them positively towards MessageBird.
- Additionally, you’ll partner with the product team for product launches, sales training and demos. You’ll be a strong B2B product marketer with solid experience in SaaS, mid-market and enterprise segments. Importantly, you’ll have experience marketing to a technical audience and/or a technical degree.
What you’ll need to be successful
- 7+ years of product marketing experience in B2B technology, preferably in SaaS.
- 3+ years experience building and leading teams of high performers.
- Proven track record of partnering with product management to contribute to product strategy
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills with razor sharp attention to detail.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to manage complex, cross-functional projects to completion.
- Experience developing the positioning, messaging, and content for products that serve multiple use cases and personas, while consistently hitting engagement and revenue goals.
- You have the ability to translate technical complexity into clear, concise business benefits.
- Your customer case studies are rivaled in the industry and you have the data to prove it.
- You’re comfortable marketing to diverse audiences, from CIOs to developers.
- You're data driven and like to measure the impact and outcome of your work.
MessageBird is at the forefront of disrupting the telecommunications industry. Headquartered in beautiful Amsterdam with growing offices in San Francisco and Singapore, we have been profitable since our founding in 2011 and just recently raised the largest series A funding round ever for a European software company. Some of our notable benefits include:
- Get access to the best gear. We'll provide everything you need to do what you do.
- Our lunch chef keeps us well-fed and productive with healthy meals and snacks.
- Fresh Apparel. Our team loves to represent, so clear out a drawer for some new shirts and sweaters.
- Whether it's movie nights, Friday beers, or company trips, or bi-monthly IPAs & APIs, we love bonding with our team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work with talented, intelligent and driven colleagues.
- Our crew hails from all over the world, representing over 20 nationalities.
- 25 days of paid vacation per year
- A company culture that focuses on working hard and smart, and Getting Shit Done