Six years ago, we started as an SMS messaging company in Amsterdam. Today we’re serving SMS, OTT Chat and Voice services to SMB, enterprises and governments all over the world. We’ve built all our software in-house and are looking for bright, enthusiastic and eager developers - of all levels - to contribute to the next part of our codebase and to expand and scale our services. Our development and engineering team is located at our Amsterdam office.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We're looking for a talented full-stack engineer that will work on the integrations that MessageBird offers. Think of integrations like our Zendesk application, our Zapier or IFTTT channel, our Magento integrations and dozens of others that we want to get started with. You will be responsible for making our communications platform that much more accessible by enabling companies to use MessageBird straight from within services and applications they are already using today.
- Experience with both front- and backend languages and best practises, primarily in PHP/GO/JS
- Capable of outlining and planning a technical web project with an eye on frontend development and UX, and the underlying architecture
- You’re comfortable working with RESTful web services within web applications
- Excellent debugging and investigative skills; you’re capable of finding the cause of an issue quickly
- Intimate knowledge of Git
- You enjoy hacking things together to create a proof of concept, but you’re very critical of the code you push to production
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- BONUS: Experience with building integrations for services like Zendesk, Salesforce, Zapier and more
- BONUS: Experience with building React applications
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive, above average salary
- You’ll work at our Amsterdam office with a new MacBook Pro attached to a curved Dell 34” display, listen to music with Bose noise canceling headphones, and sit on a Herman Miller ergonomic chair (or stand at one of our standing desks)
- An international, multidisciplinary team with specialists in all forms
- Friday beers, occasional dinners, happy hours, off-sites
Day of a software developer at MessageBird
You start your day with a fresh coffee, tea or fresh pressed juice. You discuss the latest technology news with your colleagues and start working on an issue from the selected-for-development column of the project’s KanBan board. Our issues are specced and detailed by product managers and owners, but are open for technical contribution and insights.
During the lunch break, you enjoy a healthy, nutritious meal cooked by our lunch chef and have a chat with your (non-)tech colleagues.
After lunch, you decide to switch to one of the standing desks at the office and continue working on an awesome feature that enables our customers to send messages more quickly and easily. You complete your newly written code with tests - or create acceptance tests before - and assign the issue for review to one of your colleagues. When your code is reviewed and our CI pipeline indicates it’s working, your change is scheduled for deployment.