With offices in Amsterdam, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney, MessageBird is growing rapidly. That’s why we’re looking for a talented and ambitious student who is eager to get shit done. We offer the rare opportunity to gain real world experience during your law school education in virtually every area of law. Just ask yourself: do you want to work at a legal office or join us and change the world?
As a Legal Intern, you’ll be part of the legal team at MessageBird. Here, you’ll have a wealth of opportunities to see the law at work and gain hands-on experience.
- Directly help our COO and General Counsel with projects and day-to-day affairs such as review of supplier agreements, employee agreements, sales agreements (incl. international), telecom authority agreements, approval of purchasing clauses of customers
- Research, analyse, and understand data protection law, corporate law, labor law
- Write legal memoranda
- Improve organizational processes
- Solve legal, business, corporate, and compliance issues
- Prepare applications for residence permits (IND)
- You’ll also be involved in more traditional work such as answering phone calls, writing e-mails, and filing and organising paperwork
- Law student/ HBO Rechten student
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills in English and Dutch
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities under tight time deadlines
- Entrepreneurial; comfortable seeking out assignments
- Social, enthusiastic, helpful, independent, precise, eager to learn and take initiative
- Responsible and representative