Last month we processed more than 200 million messages and fast delivery of those messages is critical to our 15.000+ customers. Without us Amber Alert could not send notifications for missing children, bank employees could not log into their systems and postal services couldn’t notify customers about package deliveries.
We are looking for a highly skilled, self-motivated platform engineer who finds joy in optimising our hosting platform to help us scale to the next 200 million messages with nodes all over the world. Our software runs on a load balanced, automatic failover, Linux-driven, hybrid platform. And we’re planning to extend this in 2017 to multiple (public and private) cloud platforms in all continents.
- Keeping our multi-datacenter production platform up-to-date, secure and up and running
- Making sure MessageBird can scale all over the world through different nodes in different continents
- Helping our teams release their microservices in the (hybrid-)cloud
- Advising on containerized servers with Kubernetes and Docker
- Key person in communication with our network suppliers and providers
- Security & incident management
- Taking care of our office environment and network
- 5+ years experience with Linux (Debian)
- MySQL Database administration knowledge (high performance, replication, clustering)
- Knowledge about moving to and performance in the cloud (Google and AWS)
- Experience with networking & load balancing a server stack
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with a drive to take initiative
- Live and breathe agile system administration