MessageBird is a communications platform that is simplifying and improving business-customer interactions through a world class set of enterprise grade communication APIs. As we continue to expand our website, feature sets, and product offerings, we’re looking for a driven and experienced product designer to help our Product Team make the MessageBird domain more beautiful and easy to use than ever.
Design plays a crucial role in the creation and packaging of our communication tools. In order to separate ourselves from competitors and give our customers an experience they can’t get enough of, we depend on our designers to innovate and optimize every element of our brand. Our team is always evolving and working together to create thoughtful products and experiences.
You’ll work within the Product Team to define language, visuals, and strategies for our products. With your fellow designers, you’ll develop and expand product design systems and branding in a highly collaborative environment where everyone’s input is valued.
- Analyse and understand our users, their goals and their preferences
- Develop a wide range of visual deliverables; mockups, advertising material, sales presentations, user personas and design research findings
- Experiment with new ideas, making sure the company’s aesthetic evolves over time
- Help maintain our internal style guide and develop style guides for other products or sub-brands
- Make sure design elements are used consistently and in the appropriate manner
- Contribute to our page on Dribbble
- Iterate based on team feedback
- You are on your way to being an expert in either UI, UX, or visual design, but skilled in more disciplines across product design
- You can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use - especially in terms of UX.
- You have experience designing for business and developer-focused products and creating experiences, and working for different devices devices - at least mobile, and desktop.
- You love working with other designers to help them learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow.
- You are comfortable and experienced using vector based applications such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Sketch.
- You are entirely capable of creating prototypes of your designs using Sketch, Invision, Framer, etc.
- Good communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals.
- You are extremely attentive to detail.
- You have an awesome portfolio that can either be mailed or viewed online.
- You are independent self-starter who is more than capable of working on your own.
- You have at least 2 years of relevant professional work experience.